Digital Marketing and its different flavors
Digital marketing is a versatile tool that combines techniques able to adapt to every sector of the market, providing comprehensive benefits. Until now, you must already know perfectly the definition of this discipline; if not, I remind you in a few words: digital marketing, also known as online marketing, is a set of commercial and advertising actions and strategies executed in digital media, such as websites, blogs, forums, social networks and more.
Before implementing your digital strategy, you must know the typology of digital marketing so that you can appropriately direct your resources, efforts, and, above all, money.
- Content Marketing: It is one of the most used digital strategies today. The content marketing meets actions and techniques based on generating information that will help you establish your brand in the market and digital media. Content is the fundamental element of all digital marketing strategies; without it, the ideal results can not be obtained. Through content marketing, your potential customers become your real customers; you reinforce the presence of your brand in the network and promote the positioning of your online site.
- Email Marketing: Another fundamental term in the world of digital marketing is email marketing. This strategy is still one of the most used and with the greatest result. Running marketing email campaigns means getting emails from customers and leads to be regularly sent information about your business. Typically, this strategy is closely associated with content marketing.
- Affiliate Marketing: The digital affiliate marketing strategy is to search for websites/influencers who speak to the same audience as your company and offer them commissions to publicize your products. It is quite common when you have an e-commerce, and it is a strategy that helps within SEO since it generates links that recommend your website!
- Search Engine Marketing: SEM refers to the methodologies that have to do with search engine positioning or advertising campaigns. This concept includes, in turn, two others, SEO, short for Search Engine Optimization (search engine optimization), and SEA or Search Engine Advertising (paid advertising on search engines).
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): These are the strategies used to achieve organic ranking in search tools (Google, BING, etc.). In this case, you will be concerned about the excellent structure of your pages/posts to be easily found, with the volume of pages/posts of your site/blog, as well as associations to get links to your site (this increases its relevance).
- Search Engine Advertising (SEA): Advertising on search engines is one of the promotional strategies most used by all types of companies, regardless of their size and turnover. These are ads, also called sponsored links that appear on the search engine results page, when the search carried out by the user includes keywords related or precisely the same as those selected by the advertiser in the configuration of their ad.
- Social Media Marketing: Of all the types of marketing on this list, it is probably the most recent. It began to explode in the past years with the growth of Facebook and all other social networks. It is closely associated with content marketing strategies and also, as in the case of Facebook, with performance marketing campaigns. This works, when you publish your content on the social networks organically or also sponsor them to increase your reach!
- Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing has become one of the main trends in Social Media Marketing. Traditional advertising models are practically exhausted and, today, having the support of influencers in social networks is key to making our promotion succeed (viral marketing) that our product is shared in thousands of profiles. In the case of online media stars, by the number of followers they accumulate on social networks, which trigger the visibility rate of a brand. A picture is worth a thousand words.
So these are some of the most popular modes of Digital Marketing, which are extensively used in promoting businesses on the internet. These types of marketing allow business owners to boost up the growth of their businesses by investing in marketing online. There are several agencies available online which can provide the right type of marketing according to your business.