How to acquire hacking skills and knowledge
Many want to learn to master computer technology and know perfectly the design of networks, including the Internet, including their weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Such knowledge can be used not only to the detriment of anyone but also for good, for example, to improve the protection of networks and their programs as well.
The web is full of all kinds of courses, seminars, and other forms of education, whose authors and performers offer you the opportunity to acquire a variety of knowledge and skills at a distance. You don't need superpowers to become a hacker from scratch. It is entirely in the power of all who have a penchant for programming and technical thinking in general (it will be difficult for humanity to become a hacker, but it will be difficult for them to have the desire).
Hacking is no exception. Even a short search can find a handful of courses like this, which promises to transform you into a professional hacker for a handful of dollars.
Is it really possible to master all the knowledge and skills needed to be able to break into well-protected computer systems or defend them from such attacks? Well Yes.
To become a hacker from the beginning, you need:
1. Persistence, determination, and patience. The impulsive nature is not too much in line with the painstaking activities of real hackers.
2. Certified with a legal Certification. This may disappoint those who wanted to become a hacker in a couple of months, but this item is absolutely necessary. Among well-known hackers, the vast majority have completed high school and have done so.
3. Find and carefully study the literature on the functioning of operating systems, software, networks, security systems (depending on which field you plan to specialize as a hacker). Besides, the theory of cryptography and the practice of creating and operating cryptographic systems are necessary elements of hacker education.
4. It is excellent to know mathematical models of encryption and have experience in creating ciphers and cryptosystems and the basics of encryption equipment and software and hardware implementation of cryptography algorithms, which is also an essential element in hacker formation.
5. Read Hacker magazine regularly and carefully, as well as examine past questions. This popular publication has a lot of useful information, not only for hackers but also for ordinary users.
6. Explore online forums where hackers communicate. So you can learn the algorithms and professional secrets of hackers.
Cybercriminals with in-depth software knowledge and experience in finding software vulnerabilities are developing various "thieving tools" that allow them to break into computer devices and networks. In order to find and steal information that is "valuable in itself" (for example, a bank account, from which can be withdrawn money) or data for which business rivals victims of theft can pay (for example, technological know-how).
In addition to these cases of "ordinary theft" and theft of information of a "very personal nature" (correspondence, photographs, etc.), new types of hacking activities have emerged in recent years, commissioned by state intelligence as part of a "cyber weapons test" cases of war.
Malicious software can be purchased or downloaded for free on the Internet by any hacker who cannot independently create "thieving tools." But it would help if you also learned how to use these programs first and foremost in terms of looking for vulnerabilities in widespread operating systems and applications. However, in most cases, the hacking tool requires adjustments, making it difficult to use new hackers who are not very interested in any training.